Reputation Management: Knowing What to Track
So you have realized that there is definitely value in tracking your brand or company online, but you don’t know where to start.
What do you track, who do you track to get the right information that will provide you with valuable input? We look at five key influencers:
- Slogans: This is an important thing to track, as it’s a vital part of your brand and in many instances what should be working for you is turned against you. One great example is Standard Bank changing their slogan over to Moving Forward, it generated much debate and conversations and some disgruntle customers have started calling it Standard Bank Moving Backwards.
- Company Key Executives: Your employees and especially your top management is an important part of the face of your company, it is therefore vital to keep track of their activities not just in a work capacity but also in their private lives.
- Critics: It’s important to identify this group of user early on because if managed correctly they can possible become your biggest allies. It’s key to find out where they hang out and why they are so critical about your company. Could you turn this into a positive?
- Competitors: Any business will tell you that it’s so important to keep track of what your competitors are up to. Not only do you need to know if they are doing something better than you but also if they are making mistakes, this could all be valuable lessons in your own journey to success.
- Ex-Employees: Many companies are of the impression that once one of your employees has decided to move on that they are not important anymore. But in fact they can play a very important role in how people are perceiving your company and a close eye should also be kept on them.
Read more about Online Reputation Management.